Training and Sports Activities for the Inclusion of Visually Impaired People
Training and Sports Activities for the Inclusion of Visually Impaired People (TSAIVIP) is a project of "Small Collaborative Partnerships" that has the main objective to encourage social inclusion, equal opportunities in sports, the comparison of ideas and methods in different areas related to sport through greater participation in the sports activities of people with visual impairments, thus improving their quality of life. It involves 5 partners from 4 European countries (Italy, Romania, Bulgaria and Germany).
The purpose of this project is to start a sustainable and continuous learning path that connects social workers, sports coaches of sports clubs, residential facilities, associations in a greater involvement in sport and in educational activities of people with visual impairments.
The specific objectives are:
- Strengthen the use of sport as a tool for social inclusion
- Train social and health workers and volunteers
- offer learning opportunities (to be a coach) to young sportsmen of origin
- the exchange of good practices, the comparison of ideas and methods in different areas related to sport
Target groups of the project are: social workers, teachers, trainers, volunteers, coaches and staff of sports organizations, rehabilitation institutes and bodies, schools and non-profit associations.
The planned activities are:
1. Management, coordination, monitoring and evaluation
2. Survey on the current situation
3. Training and exchange of good practices
4. Sporting events of social inclusion
- A manual containing best practices
- E-learning platform for the training of sports operators and volunteers
- Local training workshops
- Awareness-raising events in 4 partner countries, with a final conference
- Communication materials and activities
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
List of participating organisations
ASD SPORT CLUB BASILICATA (Italy)- Applicant Organization
ISTITUTO REGIONALE RITTMEYER PER I CIECHI DI TRIESTE (Italy)
BERUFSFORDERUNGSWERK DUREN GEMEINNUTZIGE GMBH ZENTRUM FUR BERU (Germany)
Asociatia Clubul Sportiv Kory Francisc (Romania)
National Rehabilitation Centre for Blind (Bulgaria)